How to Redirect Your Package to a HAL
Not going to be home to sign for your package? Don't worry about it! Hold at Location (HAL) is an easy and convenient way to receive your package. HAL's are stores that will accept your package on your behalf. Then, at your convenience you can pick up your package at the store by showing your photo ID and the tracking number.
Examples of HAL include: Walgreens, Albertsons, Vons, Dollar General, Do it Best, FedEx Print Shop, and more!
To redirect your package to a HAL, follow the steps below:
1. Once you receive a tracking email from FedEx, click on the tracking number (this will redirect you to FedEx's website)
2. Click Manage Delivery followed by Hold at Location
3. Proceed by selecting Continue as Guest
4. Next, enter the original shipping address as well as a phone number for notifications
5. A list of nearby HAL's will appear. Click on the HAL that is most convenient for you.
6. After reviewing the store hours and address, click Select
7. Check that you agree to FedEx's Terms and Conditions
8. Click Submit
9. Once your package is ready for pickup, you will receive both a text and an email. To pick up your package, show the store attendant both your photo ID and the tracking number for the package
To watch a video on how to redirect your package to a HAL, click here.
We recommend redirecting your package as soon as you receive your FedEx tracking email. This will ensure your package gets redirected in a timely manner.
Questions? Our Support Team would love to help. Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 949-424-6539.