Event Locations and Rules
ONEHOPE Tasting Events are private Events hosted by a person who is over the age of 21, who also invites guests who are over the age of 21. Wine Tasting Events can be held, and deliveries made, only in states in which ONEHOPE ships too. See Shipping Information for more details.
Below are listed the criteria for an acceptable location for a ONEHOPE Tasting Event. Failure to comply with the standards may result in the termination of participation of the program.
- The event is being held at a venue that does NOT have a liquor license, such as:
- a private home, apartment or other residences that is leased or owned.
- a community clubhouse that is available for private events.
- a private office or meeting room affiliated with a private office or private business, ideally during non-business hours.
- a private business such as a hair salon, nail salon, real estate office, etc. during non- business hours.
- a private hall or private room.
- It is imperative that the Guests not be charged an admission cost by either the CE or the Host for the event.
- The venue is only available to the host and their invited guests at the time of the event and not open to the general public.
- The serving of ONEHOPE wine is allowed as part of the venue rules (HOA, Landlord, etc).
- Invitations to the event must be specific and individual. In other words, a social post, posted billboard or general invitation that encourages the general community/public to attend is not allowed.
- The event CANNOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, be open to the public.
- If the location requires COI (Certificate of Insurance), business license, ABC permit or any additional permits the CE can not participate in the event or venue. ONEHOPE does not provide CE’s with any these additional requests for documentation/information from the home office.
You do not need a license or permit for in-home or in-office events. If/When participating at public events an ABC license may be required. An ABC event permit is not required if ALL of the following are true.
- The event is private, i.e a bona fide guest list restricts access to invited guests ONLY
- The host is providing all of the alcohol
- All drinks are complimentary, i.e. hosted bar
- There is no admission cost for the event, i.e. no ticket price, donation or door charge
- The event venue does not require an ABC permit
NOTE: ONEHOPE events cannot be held in a location that has an existing spirit, wine or beer license, or that is open to the public and held where guests are not personally invited by an Event Host or Event Guest.